2008/04/09

Nine

I remember so well seeing her silhouette walking through the entrance of the San Lorenzo Ruiz Minor Basilica in Binondo on that early sunny Sunday morning. As she, in her white gown draped in silk, slowly walks on the red carpeted aisle nearing the altar, I caught a glimpse of her most beautiful face behind her thin veil.

If I was dreaming then, I was glad nobody woke me up.

Because a few steps away from me was the first and only woman that I made the decision to be with for the rest of my life. She is the most caring and sweetest woman I have and will ever meet. She is prayerful and religious. She is not only a dreamer but one who works hard to make her dreams come true. She is strong-willed and resolute to be a better person. And I believe those to be facts after our eight years of getting to know each other before finally tying the knot.

But the best part of it all is in knowing deep inside my heart that she also made that decision long before that momentous day of our lives. She does not need me to complete her but she made the choice just the same. She wants me to be her husband and father to her future children.

And so with God witnessing our holy union, we consummated our marital vows in front of our families, relatives and friends. That happened on the seventh hour in the morning of April 11, 1999.

It has been nine years eversince.

Nine years of blissful companionship, of fun and laughter, of making and building dreams for our family, of blessings and stewardship.
We have been missing our regular romantic dates because of two hyper-energized toddlers on the prowl but we do make it up with more not-so-spontaneous but nevertheless unplanned moments – those late-night talks and coffee chats, energy-hugs out of the blue.

Like all marriages, we also have our fair share of misunderstandings and hurts but we always try to deal with them swiftly and amicably, forgetting the small stuffs and forgiving each other lovingly. We grow in maturity with each other and forge a stronger bind after each trial.
We move on together and we will continue to do it in sickness and in health, for richer and for poorer until death do us part.

If someone will ask me nowadays what is the secret of our great marriage, I can honestly reflect upon a lot of God-given graces and providences but there is one that will always instantaneously pop into my mind.

Menchie.


Because my heart resides in her.

Happy Anniversary to you honey.
I love you with all of my heart!

No comments: