2008/08/18

Swimming lesson


Yesterday, we have our first swimming outing since my son "slightly" drowned while swimming with my wife's relatives a few months ago. Though it was never life-threatening, it left a bad memory for him that he carried until this day. He refused to change into his swimming trunks and insisted not to join us into the pool.


After some prodding and re-assurance that I will stay by his side always, he hesitantly take a dip and started frolicking in the shallow part until eventually started to enjoy himself more and more with all the water slides and amenities inside the kiddie pool area.


After a few minutes, he was going about by himself while I can only look at him from afar - joyful at how he recovered fast from his fear.


Yes, fear can stagnate us and it will eventually be up to us to conquer it.

But we need not to fear because Somebody is watching over us all the time.


My son taught me that yesterday with clarity.


God bless.