2009/03/22

Zek at ZIC

Mommy Chie did it again.

She saw, she inquired and she got the tickets!


Yesterday was another first for our family as we brought Zek to the exciting quarterly racing events held at Zhuhai International Circuit (ZIC). With one drawback of being uncomfortable with lots of thunderous roaring engines, Zek feasted on his fascination for fast and casts. And in between races and stunt exhibitions, he was having a great time with newfound friends Chase and Hunter, the 8 year and 4 year old son of an American businessman who went to the car show with us as well together with his daughter Madison and his special someone Meileen. Another Filipino friend, Tibs provided timely respite for me as well when Zek vented his wrestling energy to him at some point (sorry about that, bro :D). Other than that, it was the usual run and gone games for me and Zek as we tour the entire facility teeming with booths and promotions. There was even a go-cart race track which is open for the paying public.


The races provided variety with sport cars, speed cars, motorcycles and F1-like racing cars taking the track circuit to the delight of several thousands of audience from near mid-day to dusk. This is why my wife’s sandwiches and hotdog on sticks bring-along were a hit and so were the drinks and Doritos which we munched with a lot of gusto.


Back in our homes that night, my wife started complaining about her terrible headache from staying the whole afternoon under the sun as I felt my terribly aching body for all the time I have to carry Zek on my back. Still, we slept soundly because we know we all enjoyed it.


Thanks, honey.

Thank you Lord for another memorable moment with my family.