2010/09/12

God's Plan

I have been an OFW for more than ten years now. And so from time to time, especially the last year or so, I will admit getting the zealous desire to return to our home country. Now this is initially set to be sometime within next year. As a result of these thoughts for the past few months, my wife and I have been making concrete and definitive plans and steps for alternative means to earning money through entrepreneurship while trying to secure our long-term goal of providing a modest retirement nest for both of us as well.

We recently reactivated our government social security system memberships in order to complete the mandatory twelve year contributions to qualify for future pensions and other benefits. We started investing in stock markets (I just earned a few thousand pesos with the recent upward trend in Philippine stock market!) to add opportunities into our passive-income generating portfolio. We put up our very first owned land property in the south area for sale in the hopes of funding up one of the small business options we are planning to invest into. We plan to (and hopefully be able) to keep our existing health-care insurance to keep us relatively worry-free amidst the sky-rocketing medical expenses. Other possibilities and conditions are on the table for our careful study and consideration.

As for the humble beginnings of our small family ministry, Maia Outreach Programs, we will maintain our vow and commitment to bring and give any possible assistance to the needy children the Lord will sent our way. But for this to be doable, we also must set aside our time, talent and tithes consistently, in addition to good friends who support MOP financially and spiritually.

Obviously, all of these planning can be mostly summed up as financial security for our family which was the main reason for me working in this foreign land. Careful planning is a must before we ever make that final decision to go home. However, my own fear of the uncertainties of what the future holds for my family can still occasionally grip or even cuff me down into delaying our conceived plans.

In these times, I have only two choices - to continue entertaining the unholy jeer of fear or to be focus on what I feel is God's calling for my family, the next stage that He prepared for our journey and mission in life.

In these times, I can rely on St. Pauls assurance to the Philippians when he wrote, " Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." (4:6-7)

In these times, I will choose to follow His prodding and live by His promise, "...and behold I am with you always, until the end of age." (Matthew 28:20)

Afterwards, I feel my fears fading away.
And the better I can see God's plan conquering my own.

Dear friends, have you been delaying God's plan for your life because of valid cares and concerns?
Then, pray intensely and intently for these not to go away (they are valid concerns, right?) but to be swept under God's divine and merciful providence, so you can finally act on His will accordingly.

Because God's plan is always the best plan for us.

God bless.