2013/09/15

Atrophy

It is inspiring to personally witness how my wife’s uncle has literally moved mountains trying to recuperate from his debilitating stroke a few years ago. His miraculous recovery from his over-sea emergency cranial operation and his steel-determined disposition to keep-up with his physical and mental therapies has shown promising progress for him and his family. On the other hand, my wife also has a distant relative who experienced the same head ailment and who has been bedridden for years leading to his legs shrinking in mass and strength due to muscular atrophy.      

I myself have been into writing hibernation the past nine months and two well meaning friends already asked me why. Well, I could always bring out the writer’s block card but the reality is that it has a lot more to do with this year’s major turn in my family and career direction.

It has been nine months since I officially became a part-time OFW, a part-time entrepreneur and a struggling and cramming home-school co-parent/teacher to our Zek, a fourth-grader at CFA. I must admit that I am just barely managing my time ever since. Don’t get me wrong. I do like these challenges and I do love spending more time with my family. On the other hand, the time allotment I have for each planned tasks seemed to have shrunk from a marathon run pre-resignation to a 100-meter dash the last few weeks. And unfortunately, my writing time was one of those that have given way.

I do not wish to suffer writing atrophy so I try harder to manage my time and write again.

By God’s grace, I intend to get back on using this God’s gift for His glory.