2016/04/10

Right Reason

“Amen, amen, I say to you, you are looking for me not because you saw signs but because you ate the loaves and were filled." John 6:26

Today's Gospel reading came a day after Jesus has miraculously fed around 5,000 persons. The people were all filled and they wanted more. Realizing that Jesus and his disciples were gone, they got into the other boats and went to the Capernaum to look for Jesus. Upon seeing Him, they asked when He arrived there.

Jesus knows what is in their hearts and replied to them that their motive for looking after Him is misplaced  because they are only after their physical well-being and welfare. They are over-looking a more and deeper message that Jesus is trying to bring into them - their eternal salvation through Him. The people was right in looking for Jesus but it was not for the right reason.

Seventeen years ago, my wife and I made our single most important vow that will determine our future life. We have invested time and prayers in over eight years before embarking on a lifetime journey of togetherness. Like all marriages, we have our own share of trials and difficulties but with God's guidance and blessings we are doing fine and we are still excited at what life has in store for us and our family.

In all modesty, I can claim that my decision to be married was right and for the right reason.
But it did help a lot that I did met the right person.

Happy Anniversary to my dearest and only love!