2008/05/18

Zek Moments

Here are some of our funny and warm moments with Zek that I compiled from my posts at KerygmaFamily forum. :)

Yellow

Me: Say Yellow
Zek: Leyow
Me: Ye
Zek: Ye
Me: low…
Zek: low…
Me: Yellow
Zek: Leyow
Me: Hay, again. Ye
Zek: Ye
Me: low…
Zek: low..
Me: Yellow
Zek: Green (with a wide grin on his face)



Rejection of Injection

Last Friday in HK, my family had our annual flu-shots. It was Zek's turn to be injected

nurse: Hi Zek I have a surprise for you.
Zek: Sorry, Not today. I'm going home now (It was a line from his Thomas the Train DVD )

Impeccable timing, huh or did he really know what it means na?
Anyway, my wife and I still have a good laugh.


Be Careful

This is his personal rendition of a song about how to avoid being hurt in a relationship.
(To the tune of "Fool Again" by Westlife.)

Zek: Carefully that I've been fooled again
I thought this love will never end
How was I to know?
You never told me.

Certified Westlife fan, huh.


How to Pray

me: Zek, let's pray properly ha
Zek: Pray potpourri

Praying with fragrance?

Louder

Me: Zek, there’s Mommy and Maia, call them.
Zek: Mommy! Maia!
Me: They can’t hear you. One more time.
Zek: Moommy! Maaia! ( in an increased tone )
Me: Not enough, call them louder.
Zek: LOUDER!

Row your boat

I just recently know the make of the boat in the nursery song "Row your Boat" because of my son.

Zek: Daddy let's sing....Row, row rubber boat, gently down the stream......


This is the way I brush my teeth

Before, Zek doesn’t really like to brush his teeth.

me: Zek, dadi will brush your teeth na ha.
Zek: no, momi brush my teeth.
momi: ok I will brush your teeth.
Zek: no, dadi will brush my teeth.

To avoid more excuses, my wife and I will both stand before him.

Zek (looking at both of us): Dadi brush momi’s teeth !

We never saw it coming ha ha.

Brotherly love

Maia was crying because she wanted to sleep and
Zek went into the room.

Zek: Dadi, Maia's crying (pointing to her baby sister)
me: Yeah, she is not feeling well e. (It was the first thing that I thought of saying)

Zek rushes outside into the kitchen, opening some drawers and looking for something.
He came back rushing and holding a glass and a medicine dropper.

Zek: Dadi, give medicine to Maia (stretching his little hands towards me).

Simply made me smile. :)


My preacher son

Every morning we try to watch the PIBJ episode before I go to work.
Lately we realized that our kids are enjoying the show too.

Maia is head banging during the intro song
Zek is guitar strumming as well.

And one time, I was thinking of the big problem at work when I heard Zek recited Bo’s famous line:
“Our biggest problem, give it some time, will be our biggest blessing. Amen".

Preached by my son. :)