2008/10/27

What more can a father ask for?

This happened exactly a year ago.

It was a disastrous Sunday afternoon for me and my son.

I have wanted so much for him to ride that bus around the town but the bus was overcrowded and he can't see a thing outside. The flower that he picked-up for his mommy was damaged and he almost cried. He got bitten by a mosquito and was scratching most of the time. On the way back, the bus took almost 30 minutes before coming and was once again full! Aargh. We have to walk a long way back home. Zek was so thirsty and hungry when we arrived home.

I messed up his afternoon to make it short.

But before we went to bed, he blurted this phrase before sleeping."Thank you, Daddy."

That was enough for me to remember that forgetable afternoon.
My son still appreciated my effort.

What more can a father ask for?