2010/10/05

A Different October

October is here.

Nostalgia is once again in the air for us as we usher in the month when we lost our little daughter. I agree that the incident happened nearly two years ago but for those who have lost their loved ones, I am sure they will understand it when we claim that the heartbreak and the pain will never really go away. We can only find comfort in knowing that we have our own angel in heaven who looks after us and intercedes on our behalf.

Two nights ago, I had an early trip down bitter-sweet memory lane when, until the wee hours of the night, I browsed through the photos of our beloved Maia while she was still with us. And as usual, I had a lot of tearful moments as I stared at her lovely eyes and cherubim face. I smiled at her funny pictures as well and could only sighed over the photos of her enjoying her moments with Zek. I terribly missed her.

A few days ago, our son Zek saw a black with yellow-striped butterfly which he vainly tried to play with as it instantly flies away whenever he tries to reach for it. Our Maia loved butterflies as well and she also ran incessantly at it whenever she saw one. And when it has flown away beyond her reach, she would bid it farewell,”bye-bye butterfly”.

Today our angel Maia has given us her irrefutable presence in our lives.

My wife tested positive for our new baby.

Effective today, October will not just a be the “good-bye” month for us but a renewed celebration in welcoming a new life. I am sure our Maia worked this out with the Lord eversince she came home. (Indeed, our loss was heaven’s gain)

Thank you, our dear angel.

All praises and honor we give to you Lord.

Amen and God bless.