2010/10/23

Two Writers, Two Reflections and God's Single Message


Question: Can two different writers wrote two different articles at two different time and place and send one single but personal Godly message to one person?

My overwhelming answer: Yes and allow me to testify.

Last April, my family went home to Phillipines for our annual vacation. And as soon as we visited our Tita Shirley, she excitedly showed us an April 4, 2010 Didache reflection and story surrounding the incident of our daughter’s passing away. It was written by a good friend of mine, Jun Asis of Mabuting Balita. It was a poignant moment for us, even trying my best to hide my teary eyes as my mind was rewinded once again about that fateful day. I closed the booklet after I read it and thanked her for letting us know about.

Our vacation ended after 3 weeks and we went back to China and I emailed a simple thanks to Jun.

On the last week of September, my brother-in-law’s family arrived in China for a holiday. With them they brought along another copy of the 2010 Didache for my wife and I (we also receive daily the electronic copies of the KerygmaFamily’s Didache, Sabbath and Companion but unfortunately have not read it on a daily basis – our bad).

October came and the biggest surprise yet for my family has arrived – my wife is now pregnant with our third child.

But since October is also the same month when we lost Maia, I just felt like reading once again the April 4 reflection in Didache. That is when the Lord surprised me once again (yes, He never runs out of those stuffs). Our Lord simply touched my heart because the very next reflection on April 5 was a sharing by Alvin Barcelona (kerygma preacher and Power kids school co-owner) about the excitements and worries of being a Daddy again. Obviously, I myself am going to be Daddy once more!

The April 4 article is about our tragedy and test of faith.

The April 5 article is about God’s answer to our prayers and faithfulness.

The Lord has clearly spoken to my family – He is faithful and He loves us.

Thanks Jun!

Thanks Alvin!

Thank you, Lord!

Blessed be the name of the Lord.