2007/12/27

The Lord of our Rings

A few days ago, a small diamond stone embedded in the middle of the heart shape figure on our wedding ring was lost. Clueless as to where it have fallen off and certain that finding it will be like looking for the proverbial needle in a mountain-high hay stack, my wife and I can only feel sad about losing that valuable piece of gem we exchanged during our 1999 wedding vows. Add the fact that it was the special wedding gift from my wife’s parent-guardian made our mood a bit gloomy.

However, looking beyond the sentimental loss, we started to lighten up as we realize about the trivial riddance of that tangible insignia of our marriage of nearly nine years. It was not that important after all. What it symbolizes, on the other hand, is of outmost significance for us.…our marriage.

Our marriage, by the Lord’s graces, has been blessing us with heart-warming, life-changing, and loving memories.
We still have each other and continue to grow and mature in our relationship.
We support each other, lift each other up and laugh with each other.
We share in each other’s sadness and happiness.
We have weathered the initial marital kinks that inadvertently glued and solidified our resolve to stay together.
We still experience some discords but it has never been near the vicinity of something-to-be-worried-about situations.
We bring out the better person in each of us.

We are both healthy.
We have financial blessings.
We have good families and friends that encourage and support our marriage to work.

And to top it all, the Lord has blessed us so far with two invaluable jewels in Zek and Maia.
Nothing simply can compare to their intrinsic values by any world mint standard.
Priceless.

One diamond commercial TV ads I saw gloats that a diamond is forever.
Well, I do not necessarily subscribe to that point of view.
I recently lost one but the sad feeling hardly lasted a few minutes.

My family, on the other hand, is here to stay with me for my lifetime.
And I have no way to doubt that our Lord will let all His heavenly-ordained moments and memories to simply fade away after my earthly life.

Thank you Lord because my marriage is one of my eternal treasures.

No comments: