2007/12/27

Spiritual Revolution

Facts about China of today:
1. It is now the world’s third biggest economy next to USA and Japan only. Analysts predict it will top the world economy by 2045 at the rate it is booming.
2. It’s annual GDP has averaged 9.5% the past 2 decades.
3. It’s Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) last year was $ 69.5 billion and among the word’s top.
4. It is now widely regarded as the factory capital of the world.

Before the 1980’s, China was deeply entrenched in its quagmire of social unrest and political uncertainty brought about by the Cultural Revolution that lasted for about 10 years. It took Deng Xiaoping, China’s enigmatic leader, to challenge the hard-stance communist thinking and infused a controlled capitalism into their country. Received with skepticism, the country started to realize their potential to achieve what any other previous communist countries have not tried. And the results were staggering and mind blowing.

Deng Xiaoping’s heralded quote was – “We can open our door and windows to let the fresh air in while keeping the insects outside.”

What has this got to do with our walk in faith?

We live in crucial and trying times where there are still many people suffering from “spiritual” communism.
Some people are stymied to have another relationship because of devastating past relationships.
Some people are hindered by fears of rejection or failure so they would prefer to just keep their distance.
Some people are caught-up in their traumatic hurts and reject any idea of forgiveness.
Some people are delaying or rejecting conversion, thinking that God can wait, or worse, that God does not care or is just a figment of other people’s imagination.
Some people remains in their comfort zones, undisturbed and unperturbed.
Some people are strongly chained in the bondage of habitual sins.
Some people are holding back their faith growth because of anger and hatred, of pride and prejudice, of self-righteous and selfish living.
Some people have given up on life altogether.

Today is the start of a new year – a symbolic fresh start that we can choose to make the difference in our lives.

We need a “spiritual self-revolution” to start dealing with all the fears, complacencies and indifferences in our hearts.
We need to internalize a radical change of mind-set in order for us to discover our true sense of destiny – our very own purpose in this life.

For some, the light at the end of the tunnel is at hand while others are still groping in the dark, moving slowly in the direction towards the light
Wherever we are now, my suggested battle-cry for us this year is – “I can open myself to love (and possible hurt) again, while keeping safety net based on God’s love.”

Love God with all our mind, strength, heart and spirit.
Love other as we love ourselves.


Below are our doubts and God’s replies:

You say: "It's impossible"


God says: All things are possible

(Luke 18:27)



You say: "I'm too tired"

God says: I will give you rest

(Matthew 11:28-30)



You say: "Nobody really loves me"

God says: I love you

(John 3:1 6 & John 3:34 )



You say: "I can't go on"

God says: My grace is sufficient

(II Corinthians 12:9 & Psalm 91:15)



You say: "I can't figure things out"

God says: I will direct your steps

(Proverbs 3:5- 6)



You say: "I can't do it"

God says: You can do all things

(Philippians 4:13)



You say: "I'm not able"

God says: I am able

(II Corinthians 9:8)



You say: "It's not worth it"

God says: It will be worth it

(Roman 8:28 )



You say: "I can't forgive myself"

God says: I Forgive you

(I John 1:9 & Romans 8:1)



You say: "I can't manage"

God says: I will supply all your needs

(Philippians 4:19)



You say: "I'm afraid"

God says: I have not given you a spirit of fear

(II Timothy 1:7)



You say: "I'm always worried and frustrated"

God says: Cast all your cares on ME

(I Peter 5:7)



You say: "I'm not smart enough"

God says: I give you wisdom

(I Corinthians 1:30)



You say: "I feel all alone"

God says: I will never leave you or forsake you

(Hebrews 13:5)

No comments: