2007/07/29

My theme-song with God

The theme song of my life relationship with God is “Take me out of the Dark” by Gary Valenciano. That is why when a friend of mine gave an MP3 copy of the acoustic version, I kept it in my MP4 player as the first song always. The other songs can be replaced from time to time, but not this song.

It very much summarizes my life story as a struggling sinner,

And though you’re in me now
I’d fall and hurt you still.
My Lord, please show me how
to know just how you feel.

You have forgiven me
too many times it seems
I feel I’m not what you might call
A worthy Christian after all
And though I love you so
temptations find its way to me.

About God’s assurance,

You never left my side.
You gave your hand to me
To hold on, Jesus.
I”m no longer in the cold.

And God’s love that conquered all of our sins,

I’ve never known a man
Who’d give his life for sinners like me
And yet because He loves us so
He promised us eternity.
And we can have that promise and be His
If we have faith and just believe.

Finally, my daily prayer to Him,

Teach me to trust in You with all of my heart,
To lean not on my own understanding.
I just forget, you won’t give me what I can’t bear.
Take me out of the dark, my Lord
I don’t want to be there.

So what is your theme-song with our Lord?
But the more important question is, what is your life-theme with Him?

Find one song and be refreshed everyday listening to it.
Find Him and be refreshed in eternity.

No comments: